Today I am going to help you with choosing the best vacuum for car detailing. These days we all own at least one car, and with the vehicle, a responsibility always comes and that is called tidiness. A car is not just about driving it all the time but we also feel the need to clean it up. For the purpose, a device called vacuum always comes in handy.
By vacuum, it does not mean that simple handheld machine that sucks up whatever comes in the way. But it is something deeper, something that is used for detailing or wash out the car from top to bottom and from internal to external.
There is a huge collection of these vacuums in the market both online and offline but how are you going to choose the one that is perfect as per your needs. Well, this article will help you in selecting your perfect piece. Once you end up with the specification, pros, and cons of each of these ten vacuums you will decide right away that which one is going to be in your cart.
- 1 Choose your best vacuum for car detailing:
- 2 #9 VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum
- 3 #8 PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner-1500 w
- 4 #7 Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum/Blower
- 5 #6 Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
- 6 #5 Bissell Little Green ProHeat
- 7 #4 Shop-Vac 5989300- Best Car Detailing Vacuum
- 8 #3 Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright
- 9 #2 McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner- Professional Car Vacuum
- 10 #1 McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Systema- Best Auto detail vacuum
- 11 Tips for buying best vacuum for car detailing
Choose your best vacuum for car detailing:
#10 Bissell SpotClean Auto Portable Cleaner for Carpet & Cars
If you want a solution to clean up your car and carpet of your home as well, then this vacuum works perfectly for the purpose. It effectively fights against the stains and spots and cleans them up in a decent amount of time. The instruction book comes along that makes the whole assembly process easy and once you are done attaching the nozzles you can start with it right away.
The vacuum can easily be handled and used for your car’s and home interiors. The slim design lets you work conveniently with the machine. The detaching and filling of the water tank does not seem like rocket science and in just a few tries you can catch its mechanism.
So with the BISSELL SpotClean vacuum, you can eliminate the dirt from the upholstery, mats, seats, and carpets for a long amount of time. Using the attachments, you can get the desired results on different surfaces.
- It cleans up the carpets, mats, interiors of your car including upholstery as well
- It is a complete detailing solution that lets you make the places spotless and condition them for durability
- The vacuum works on heating technology that makes the water steamy and let you clean the odor and stains
- The design seems pretty lightweight that lets you handle it with ease
- Eliminate all the odors and spots entirely
- A portable device that allows easy handling
- Cleans from the depth and remove the filth
- You can drive it comfortably while cleaning
- Comes with one year of warranty
- It may seem Noisy
- Nozzles may cause some trouble
- Quality seems fragile
#9 VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage and Car Vacuum
If you think that things that are professionally done occupy a different and better value than this detailing vacuum is the one for you. It is a fully professional grade vacuum that you need to establish before start cleaning your interiors or your car.
It is a vacuum that needs to be mounted and plugged before you actually start detailing. So if a wall mounted vacuum fits your needs then is ready to fulfill your cleaning requirements. sometimes, car and home are not just enough and you also want a garage cleaner and with this mountable vacuum you can clean out the garage too. Both professional and hobbyist can have this powerful detailing vacuum and never see even a single spot anywhere.
Also, there is no special assembly required before using this thing. You just need to mount it near your car, home, workshop or garage, attach the nozzle as per the use and start to clean the desired area.
- It is a super powerful wall mountable vacuum that is 5.7 inches in length
- The motor operates at 120 volts and the material used in manufacturing the body is galvannealed steel.
- It comes with HEPA- filtration bag where you can store a total of 7-gallon dirt
- Add-ons are included too so you can do every type of cleaning
- the vacuum stays strong while mounted and ensured your safety when you clean around
- A quality vacuum with sturdy material
- Great suction capacity
- Add-ons included
- Storage bag comes along too
- The hose seems long enough
- 5 years warranty is a big saver
- The motor may feel hot sometimes
- Only one color available
- Manual start needed
#8 PureClean XL Rolling Steam Cleaner-1500 w
The vacuum claims to be a multi-purpose cleaner and it surely is. Whether it is about your automobile, home, BBQ, or oven cleaning, it does the job very well. It is a steam cleaner that means the adds up the combination of hot water and pressurized air to clean the spots, dirt, and odor entirely from the place. After cleaning up space, you will feel like the spots and dirt never existed.
It is a rolling steam cleaner that comes attached with wheels so you can just roll it out in the space and get the job done instantly. The wheels support you very much especially when you don’t want to pick up and drop the vacuum repeatedly. It can be an excellent solution as a car detailer that looks classy and a nice piece of technology.
- It is perfect to remove those greasy stains, filthy odor, and dirt from the place you use it on
- The steam mechanism helps you achieve the tidiness in a short amount of time
- Once cleaned the area remains tidy for longer
- The Capacity of the water tank is 1.5-liter that lets you operate for a long amount of time without refilling it
- A total of 18 add-ons come along that is a great benefit of using this device
- It is absolutely safe to use on carpet, granite, wood flooring, tiles, other than just your car
- The power cord serves well that is 16 feet in length
- A steam machine that uses no chemicals
- It cleans up almost all the surfaces perfectly well
- The long power cord is bliss while cleaning
- 5 years warranty is perfect
- It steams up to 45 minutes
- It is a lightweight machine
- There is no indication water level
- You cannot mount it
- It is not that sturdy
#7 Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum/Blower
It is one among the mountable vacuums that you can attach or mount to a wall while using. It is a quality machine that is made to perform heavy duty operations of cleaning. It is not like any lightweight and fragile vacuum that fails in a few weeks of using it. This detailing vacuum will surely fulfill all your cleaning purposes whether it is for your car or workshop that needs lots of cleaning because a workshop or garage is a place that gets spots and odor more than any other place in your home.
It is a corded vacuum that you can use wet and dry and there is no need to carry it around because once mounted it is just your hose that you need to handle and nothing else. After completion, you can tie the hose around this machine as the holder comes along with it. Several other attachments are included too with the package and this way it ensures you clean every corner of your space.
- Work as a detailing machine and a blower as well so you can blow out the leaves too
- It can be used in both ways as a wet and dry cleaner
- It gets secured on wall mounting with the help of screws or hanger
- The dirt tank comes attached that stores 4 gallons of trash
- It is a multipurpose machine that lets you clean different surfaces and spaces around you
- It is easy to mount and stay here
- The hose comes as 32 inches long which is great
- Dirt container comes along
- Different nozzles are included
- Several indicators are there such as water indicator
- It is a bulky machine that needs mounting
- Long hose management may be difficult sometimes
- May not work that well as a blower
#6 Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
The next detailing vacuum is from Rug Doctor that is just like its name. The vacuum cleans off the carpet of your home and your car in the easiest way. It is truly professional and it not a bulky device that needs mounting. It is like a trolley that you can carry around while cleaning with the help of those wheels.
Look Wise it is attractive and functioning is unique too. The machine comes with two sections one of clean water and another is of wastewater. You can start the machine right away once you fill up the container with the water and soap that comes along to the required levels and you are ready to use it.
- It gives you professional life results every time
- It is very easy to carry around and comes with the perfect type of brushes
- It is the best solution to wash off all the dust, spots, and debris from every place
- It works on scrubbing technology and gives you results based on that
- No assembly required.
- The carrying is super easy
- It is not a bulky machine
- Powerful suction
- Scrubbing formula
- Sprayer nozzle may need replacement
- You may face leakage
- Only one year warranty
#5 Bissell Little Green ProHeat
This one is perfect to purchase due to its functioning and the lightweight. Once you have it, you will never be worried about spilling of things in your car and home because this vacuum works so well to suck them up and clean the space.
First, you can use its suction power to clean off all the solid mess and then use it for removing any stains that leftovers create. It works by heating the water that gives you rid of those stains that seem tough to remove with normal cleaning agents.
- It is a multi-purpose vacuum that lets you clean different surface
- It is lightweight and convenient use
- The heating system makes it an excellent cleaner that washes off all the dirt and spots
- It is perfect to make that upholstery ultra-shiny and bacteria free
- Section and spraying system is amazing
- There are two separate sections that store clean water and dirty water
- Several attachments that can be used for different purposes
- Best to collect spilled things and clean the place
- A portable design
- Tanks are transparent and easy to fill up and empty
- It is always ready to use
- It does not use steam cleaning
- Not steam cleaner.
- It is not to clean off odor
#4 Shop-Vac 5989300- Best Car Detailing Vacuum
Another car detailing vacuum cleaner that remains strong on its wheels and moves with you as you clean the surroundings. For the looks, it seems a unique concept that is presented by Shop-Vac and under $100 it is a must own device. Other than being a vacuum it is a blower too that works very well to blow out any mess. The dirt container is attached and the carr handle lets you empty it in the trash bag directly.
The device comes with the tool storage, so you don’t miss any of the accessories ever. The on/off switch feels easy to use and the four-wheel mechanism works great when you feel the need of moving it around.
- It is a multipurpose tool as it is a vacuum and a blower too
- The collection bag is there too that stores all the dust and dirt while cleaning
- The carrying handles are attached on top and sides
- ON/OFF buttons come really handy
- The overall body is made of quality stainless steel
- The cord is 6 feet in length and the diameter of the hose is 1.25 inches
- Solid body made of stainless steel.
- Carrying handles are a great help
- Cleanliness comes easy with this
- All add-ons included
- 5 years warranty is great
- It may feel noisy while operating
- You may feel a clogged hose sometimes
- It takes some time to assemble
#3 Bissell PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright
Another one from BISSELL that lets you handle it with no efforts at all and clean all the space amazingly. The cleaner may seem different than most of the detailers or detailing vacuums, but it is perfect for your automobile and cleaning your household surfaces easily.
Due to its design and shape it is a vacuum that you will never face any hassle in handling. It can be carried anywhere easily using the long handle design and thoroughly clean those spots and stains whether in your car or the carpet of your living room.
- It is a dirt lifter that lifts the dirt and stores it in the storage box
- The hose does not make any trouble after use as it comes with a hose handler
- The functional capacity is strong as it comes with the 4-row power brush
- The dual tank concept is included too for dirty and clean water separately
- The measuring cup is there too so you can fill up with relief
- It is a carpet cleaner and shampooer
- The formula of 8-oz comes along as a trial
- Great machine to remove dust, debris and stains
- Can be used for both carpet and car
- Sturdy design
- Works only on 12 amps.
- The cord may feel short
- There are no attachments
- Does not work on all the surfaces
#2 McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner- Professional Car Vacuum
A professional car vacuum that you may consider as the best car detailing vacuum so far. The product promises to perform like a heavy-duty device that works on the steaming principal without using any chemicals. It is McCulloch that comes with 18 add-ons and while using a natural way to clean it washes off most of the floors, appliances, etc.
Anyone wants an eco-friendly yet reliable product can refer this one as it also ensures durability. There are many types of nozzles, wands, and brushes so you can fulfill all the cleaning requirements. Additionally, it has a funnel and measuring cup too to make cleaning easier.
- Approx 18 add-ons are included lie brushes, wands, nozzles, squeegees, and terry cloths
- The tank can store 48 ounces of water
- The on/off button is there
- The device works at 43 psi with a steaming rate of 33-37 g/ min
- It only takes 8 minutes of heating time until it gets ready to use
- A multi-purpose vacuum for sure
- Attachments are many
- The hose is of 18 feet
- A perfect tool for car detailing and works for both interior and exterior
- Lightweight machine
- Long lasting
- No storage bag for dirt and dust
- The hose may be somewhat fragile
- Brushes may need replacement after some time
#1 McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Systema- Best Auto detail vacuum
This one gets the number one auto detail vacuum that is from McCulloch. This one serves as a multipurpose cleaner that you feel easy to carry along using the carrying handle attached to the top. It works on steam that warms up the water at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and lets you clean all over without spilling or any leakage.
The steaming makes the deep surface cleaning that needs less time to cover more area. The heat up time is only 12 minutes for the giant water tank and it can give you a regular 2 hours of operation. There are 23 different accessories that you get with the unit and that you can use to do the multipurpose cleaning.
- The device brings you several steaming controls that you can use as you feel the need
- The vacuum operates at 58 psi that means a good amount of pressure to clean up all the dirt
- It is not the machine that uses any chemicals; it uses the natural steaming process
- The power plug comes as 3-Pin grounded that you find easy to plug
- It has a large water tank of 64 oz. that serves you up to 2 hours or 120 minutes
- The large variety of accessories make it even more fun to use
- Can be used on almost any surface with that power cord that is 18 feet long
- Handling and moving is easy using those wheels
- The handle comes sturdy
- A large number of add-ons
- Works with any surface
- You may need replacements
- May feel a bit heavy
- No mark on the water level
Tips for buying best vacuum for car detailing
When buying the best vacuum for car detailing, there are a few things that you should take care of and based on that you should make your final decision. These things help you to decide the right piece so you won’t regret your purchase later. Let’s start with these factors-
#1 Corded or cordless
The number one factor that you should always consider first. Corded or cordless determine the power because a cordless will never be able to produce more power than a corded one. So first choose whether you want the power or comfort.
#2 Size and Weight
This is another most important thing that needs to be considered. Once you have decided corded or cordless you should choose the weight and size you want to go with. If you want a vacuum only for your car then you may get a less bulky device and if you want a multipurpose vacuum then consider a bulky or mountable car detailer vacuum.
#3 Tank Capacity
Determine the cleaning area and go for the tank storage accordingly. The bigger the area you want to clean the more tank storage capacity you should go for. It can be anywhere between 350 and 650 ml.
Before making a purchase, see how many accessorize a product offers. Do not get fantasized with the add-ons and you can avoid they seem of no use. Do not compromise the quality just for the add-ons.
This is the main factor that determines the quality of anything. If you do not mind paying some extra bucks for the quality, then you can go for the best auto detail vacuum else you have to compromise in quality.
Tips on How to perform car vacuum:
- Take all the stuff out and collect all the accessories that come along with the unit
- Use different nozzles and brushes as per the area
- Clean up the floor, door pockets, holders in your car. Get the floor mats out before using the vacuum
- For hard reach areas, use small attachments
- Move the seats backward and forward and clean there
- Use sprinkling freshener and let it settle before you use the car detailer vacuum to remove odor