A vital part of the braking system, brake pads provide the friction to slow down or stop your vehicle. Brake pads are those shiny parts around in one part of the wheel which forcefully stays the fast spinning wheels of the large vehicle.
Four types of brake pads are commonly used these days are as follows:
- Semi-Metallic Brake Pads: 30-65% metal usually steel wool, copper or wire. Durable but may wear rotors faster.
- Non-Asbestos organic: Made from organic materials such as glass, fiber or rubber. Softer, don’t create much noise but generate much dust.
- Low Metallic NAO: Organic formula mixed with small amount of copper or steel to improve heat transfer.
- Ceramic Brake Pads: Made of ceramic fibers mixed with other filler materials. Provide excellent braking and do not cause much wear to rotors.
- 1 1. Akebono ACT815 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
- 2 2. Toyota Genuine Parts 04465-06100 Front Brake Pad Set
- 3 3. Bosch BP 537 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
- 4 4. Akebono EUR 781 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
- 5 5. Hawk Performance HB528P.811 SuperDuty Brake Pad
- 6 6. Brembo P83024N Rear Disc Brake Pad
- 7 7. Akebono ACT923 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
- 8 8. TRW TPC 1386 Premium Ceramic Rare Disc Brake Pad Set
- 9 9. Bosch BC868 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
- 10 10. Wagner QuickStop ZD924 Ceramic Disc Pad Set
1. Akebono ACT815 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
One of the best brake pads brand Akebono manufactures the best quality brake pad for you. The brake pads are carefully designed to minimize or virtually eliminate unwanted dust. This pro-act ultra premium brake pad is known to provide CONSistent and smooth stopping power in all the normal as well as panic situations. This ultimate braking set-up was created to eliminate noise, vibration, and harshness. Akebono is best to brake pad to upgrade from conventional pads and a perfect replacement for restoring OE ceramic pad performance.
The Akebono ceramic plates are manufactured with vehicle-optimized ceramic formulas. The rotor-friendly product increases the shelf life of the rotor by minimizing the rotor brake wear. A great feature of this product is that it acts as a cleaner for wheels and tires. This USA manufactured product has high-resistance to fade and provide best-in-class braking system.
- The product has unrivaled stopping power.
- It keeps wheels clean.
- No brake-in is required with this product.
- It is pricey as compared to organic and semi-metallic products.
2. Toyota Genuine Parts 04465-06100 Front Brake Pad Set
Toyota is known to manufacture original brake pads only specifically according to Toyota models in sync with its specifications and tolerances. Being an exact Original Equipment manufacturer, the quality of Toyota brake pads is incomparable. One does not need to check if it will fit or not. This is the exact original product, the vehicle comes with and there many advantages of OEM products.
The high-quality and effectiveness of Toyota is known for protecting your investment and making your car perfect to face further challenges. Installing this OEM product in your vehicle will leave you to relax by covering all the risks.
The Toyota brake pads are exact and machine backed. It allows brake pads to move freely between within calipers so that the operation can be smooth and efficient.
- As compared to traditional semi-metallic brake pads, Toyota brake pads produce less dust.
- It makes braking experience quicker and softer.
- They work silently.
- Toyota brake pads posses a perfect fit and are very easy to install.
- These brake pads wear out earlier as compared to ceramic brake pads.
- They lose their coefficient of friction under heat.
3. Bosch BP 537 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Bosch, the best brake pads brand ensures the powerful stopping feature and quiet operation. The engineering technology of Bosch is dedicated to platform-specific NAO materials. The shim attachment of the brake pad is protected through modern shim technology which increases the lifespan of the brake pad. The insulation in noise and increase in strength is provided by OE style multi-layered shim CONStruction.
This brake pad includes synthetic lubrication. One of the best ceramic brake pads has slots and chambers designed in OE way which provide premium quality, fit and function. This German company is involved in every step of manufacturing Quiet Cast from R&D to dedicated engineers that resource and test all materials and frictions. The top quality, availability, extensive coverage and competitive pricing of QuietCast in the Asian and European market, makes it a premium brand. Bosch has been the king of the braking industry since 1936.
- These ceramic brake pads perform better than semi-metallic brake pads.
- The stopping power of this brake pad is excellent.
- The noise resistant braking system has in-built wear sensor.
- Easy to install QuietCast brake pad has durable multi layered design.
- The sensors are missing in this brake pad.
4. Akebono EUR 781 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
If your vehicle is running on semi-metallic, low-metallic or organic brake pads, in that case, Akebono EUR 781 EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set is the ultimate solution. Famous for providing European braking performance, the product offers extra pedal feel. From European braking performance, we mean that braking system offers extreme stopping power and keep the wheels virtually free from dust. European vehicles are famous as the cleanest around the world.
This braking system is resistant to noise, vibration and performance level. Akebono brake pad set has specially designed friction formulas for European vehicles. It assures long rotor life by being rotor friendly. Akebono is serving cars since last two decades. These brakes are designed mainly for these vehicles: Audi, BMW, Fiat, Jaguar, Landrover, Mercedes Benz, MINI, Porsche, SAAB, Volkswagen and Volvo. The safety, performance, and durability are precise.
- Zero brake dust is the biggest PROS of this braking system.
- These brake pads are ultra-silent.
- The easy to install product works in most of the vehicles.
- Lack of stock pads.
- If these pads shift in caliper by chance, they make loud noise.
5. Hawk Performance HB528P.811 SuperDuty Brake Pad
This product is designed for heavy on/off duty highway and military applications, the technologies that have an extremely high coefficient of fade resistance and friction. This braking pad is recommended for professional fleets of weight greater than 1 ton or lightweight trucks that tow excessive payload.
One of the best brake pads brand, Hawk is not recommended for personal or recreational trucks or SUV’s, the product works exceptionally well with high-temperature rotor without brake pad wear. Typically, high temperatures cause rotor wear of premature brake pad but its reverse in case of this product. It can be used in class 2 trucks or commercial trucks only.
In heavy-weight and heavy-loaded vehicles, it is very tough to apply brakes at once. The stopping power of the Hawk performance SuperDuty brake pad is commendable. If you run a heavyweight vehicle, immediately replace its braking pads with Hawk system.
- This braking system increases your braking distance and performance.
- These braking pads work quietly but effectively.
- Stopping capability of this braking pad is great.
- This breaking pad is quite cheaper.
- They do not include little hardware clips and you need to order hardware separately.
6. Brembo P83024N Rear Disc Brake Pad
Manufactured by BREMBO S. p. A., this brake pad is a result of years of experience and research. This extensive range was launched in collaboration with the world’s leading automotive manufacturer.
The material used to manufacture this OEM is made from approximately 100 different mixtures of materials. The high-quality OEM has followed particular specifications be being thermally scorched to minimize running-in and fading.
The braking pad has been backed up with a premium metal shim. This metal shim performs the function of reducing noise and vibration. The exclusive multi-layer ESE shim (Elastomer-Steel-Elastomer) solves the purpose of noise dampening and acts as a shield to reduce heat transfer to the caliper. The friction material is compressed by positive molding processes using extreme pressure. Backing plate assures the maximum product accuracy.
- These braking pads prevent the heat build-up and push heat back into the rotor.
- Brembo brake pads use stainless steel pads.
- This braking pad tends to generate more black dust due to their formulation.
7. Akebono ACT923 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
The precise OE braking system is an ultimate solution for noise, vibration, harshness, dust and pedal pulsation. The largest supplier of original equipment pads Akebono is the first choice of automakers of North America.
The ACT923 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set posses’ ultra-quiet features which eliminate brake squealing, groaning and vibration. In normal driving conditions, these brake pads show significantly improved pad wear performance. That means there are no frequent brake jobs. The latest aluminum design and open-wheel design are more compatible and help to minimize or virtually eliminate dusting. Smooth, soothing power and CONSistency of this braking system avoid panic conditions. The fit and performance of this OE product are excellent. With more than 75 years of experience, Akebono is the originator of ceramic pad technology. The quality and technology of Akebono are already proven, and it is CONSistently achieving nearly zero defects in millions of parts produced.
- The fit and silent operation of this brake pad is assured.
- Stopping power of this braking pad is great.
- The product produces very little brake dust.
- Positive and smooth braking performance.
- No con of this product is known yet.
8. TRW TPC 1386 Premium Ceramic Rare Disc Brake Pad Set
With the experience of 100 years in braking, this brand always has new technology and mostly work with leading names in automobile technology. TRW offers safety, performance, and quality with its superior range of Ceramic Brake Pads.
These vehicles optimized ceramic brake pads are beneficial for elimination noise, harshness, and vibration. Along with this the brake pads reduce wheel dust, increases durability and smooth the braking actions of the car. The steel shims of TRW are coated with nitrile rubber-coated. It has proved to be the best dampening material till date. TRW braking pad emphasizes dust reduction. It keeps your wheels clean and gives you the safest stop when used with the right combination of your wrangler wheels.
The company is known to test it is every product in both lab and real life. This particular braking system has proven ‘fadeless performance. Even in high heat and temperature, when most of the most of the products fail, TRW braking system works like a pro.
- In this brake pad, heat is pushed back through rotors.
- You do not get sensors along with the product and you need to buy it separately.
- No con is known of this perfect brake pad.
9. Bosch BC868 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
Bosch QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pads are one of the best options available to replace worn-out OE brake pads. Made of the same material of OE pads but the advanced platform-specific formulation ensures excellent braking performance. Bosch BC868 provides the quiet operation and superior stopping power. The multi-layer shim CONStruction in OE style increases the strength and insulates the brake pad to noise. The rubber-core shims of the brake pad are laminated in OE style to make it heat and pressure resistant. High-quality bonding between steel and rubber increase corrosion resistance as well.
The backing plate of QuietCast Premium Brake Pad is powder coated. This direct-for ceramic brake comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty. Synthetic lubricant and hardware kit are included in the brake pad set. Overall, Bosch QuietCast assures you with a pleasant noise-free and reliable braking experience.
- The ceramic brake pads have exceptional stopping power and quiet operation.
- The powdered backing plate provides maximum stability.
- It tends to generate more black dust, due to their formulation.
10. Wagner QuickStop ZD924 Ceramic Disc Pad Set
Wagner QuickStop ceramic disc pad set was designed accordingly with the purpose of restoring the original equipment brake performance. This tested and certified product ensures the exceptional performance of the braking system.
The optical stopping performance of this braking system is a distant feature. Originated in China, the best ceramic brake pads are 100% OE-post cured for CONSistent braking throughout the life of the pad. The design of this braking system is application-specific, and its primary purpose is to reduce noise-causing vibration. The ceramic formulation compliance low copper 2021. The OE-style lubricant is included in the braking system ever since product was first launched in 2007.
- This brake pad fits into the braking slots perfectly.
- The brake pad is 35% more quiet and has 15% more stopping power.
- It keeps wheels clean.
- It can be installed with an ease.
- No con of this product is known.
Buyer’s Guide: The critical elements of vehicle’s safety, brake pads should be replaced from time to time. The need of replacing a brake pad should never be overlooked. While replacing brake pads, one should look for following features:
- Vehicle Type: Different brake pads fit into different vehicles. So, one need to choose a brake pad that can fit into the vehicle.
- Driving Needs: The regular path of the vehicle and the weight it hauls in routine are two important features that decide the type of braking pad you need.
- Certified labels: The best brake pads are always standard certified. They are always tested and verified according to certification labels.
I hope this brake pads review will help you in choosing the best product that can fit perfectly into your vehicle.